Sunday 4 January 2015


The nightmare is over! No, I'm not talking about the year 2014, which was a fairly decent year, all things considered. I'm talking about my mad decision to read 100 Books in 2014 when I probably had at least fifty trillion more important things to accomplish (like get into a graduate program or find a better job. I'd add "learn how to do a push-up," but I might as well say "leap tall buildings in a single bound" because both are equally impossible). This was the second year in a row I knocked the 100 Books challenge out of the park, and because I am apparently incapable of learning anything from past experiences. 

Still, the heart wants what the heart wants, and I am doing it again. This time, though, I'm setting the bar low at 50 books, but I'm also taking on both the Pop Sugar and Bookriot Read Harder challenges. 

Dispute not with me, for I am a lunatic.

What is there to look forward to, other than my slow descent into madness? I'm planning on revamping the look of the blog some time this month, and maybe setting up a few themed posts (because who doesn't love a list of themed books? A lot of people, probably!).

I'd say I also plan to post more--both about books, reading, and maybe a little bit about my life (because why not? I am a vastly interesting person, if you're the kind of person who enjoys watching paint dry, anyway), but that is falling into the dangerous trap of a New Year's Resolution, which is traditionally never upheld past the first few weeks of January.

On that note: a very Happy New Year to anyone reading this! Let's hear it for a year of reading better books!

0 comments:

Post a Comment